Pages

January 10, 2017

Promise

When I was a little kid, I think my family and I never ever went out together or had vacation. Maybe money was issue, but we even didn't go to city park or swimming pool, which I am pretty sure we could afford back then. I had no memory of us doing grocery shopping or eating out together. I remember I was asking about this to my brother and he echoed what I said. Never ever. Of course there were visits to our distant relatives out of town, but that was it. Mandatory visits.

So yes, I blame it to my dysfunctional parents. I know there are many things that we should be grateful of, yadda, yadda... but still, when I still wake up while my son was sleeping beside me, I made promise. He deserves better. Weekend at swimming pool, eating ice cream after. Going out to the park and playing ball. Groceries shopping at the nearest supermarket. Things I've never experienced myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment